Thursday 6 August 2015

Explanation Writing Lesson Two




What to do in an earthquake.

Do you know what to do in an earthquake?  First if you are outside move away from any trees or buildings.  Then drop down and form into a ball.  Next cover your neck with one hand and cover your head with the other hand.  Finally you stay there until the shaking stops.  If you are inside and an earthquake happens you go under a door frame and hold onto the sides until the shaking stops, or you could go under a table then with one hand cover your head and with the other hand hold one leg of the table until the shaking stops.  You only use this when you need to like if you’re doing a play that has an earthquake in it or if you’re teaching people what to do in an earthquake but you most importantly have to use this in an earthquake!

My Reflection
I was learning to write an explanation. First I had to write a brain storm. I thought it was easy because I knew what I had to write about. I chose to share my learning by creating this blog post. I thought it was tricky because I got confused with the html codes. My next step is to write an explanation without doing a brain storm.

No comments: