Friday 30 October 2015

T4 W3

Fantastic Friday

"Yay, today's Friday!" I said "Fantastic Friday! (Fantastic Friday is something that we do on a Friday afternoon, and we get to do really fun activities.) said Annika (Annika is one of my friends.) "We're gonna do cool science, I can't wait." replied Tanielle (Tanielle is another one of my friends.) "You guys are lucky, I have to do ukulele." Annika complained.  "I know." I teased.  "Oh yay, it's lunch time!" shouted Tanielle. "Then we can do cool science." I sang.  We raced to the cloak bay and grabbed our lunch boxes for lunch.

After lunch time everyone dashed to where they had to go for Fantastic Friday (I was going to my class because that's where cool science was happening.)  "Hello everyone, welcome to cool science." cheered Mrs Robinson.  "Good afternoon Mrs Robinson." Grumbled everyone.  "Usually Mrs Graham will be here but since she's away I will be here." Mrs Robinson replied.  "Today we will be doing the egg drop challenge, do any of you know what that is?" Asked Mrs Robinson.  Everyone started putting their hands up.  Finally Mrs Robinson said "What we are going to do is, we will give you a bag of materials and an egg, so what you have to do is make something to protect your egg, and before we give you the materials get into groups." Mrs Robinson instructed.  Everyone started moving around and then I was in a group.

Mrs Robinson started handing out plastic bags with materials in them.  I saw some string, two straws, some newspaper and a green balloon. "You can also use tape and scissors." Mrs Robinson commented.  "Okay you can start.... now." Everyone started rushing and then ten minutes later Mrs Robinson said... "Everyone stop!"  Everyone paused in rush and excitement.  "We are going to the shade area to drop our eggs now."  Everyone started walking down to the shade area and then my group said "Paige your dropping it." Then I rushed up to the top of the shade area and it was my turn I stood up on the bench and dropped the egg hidden inside its wrapping.  When I ran down to the bottom I grabbed our egg and opened it.  Everyone from my group gathered around me asking question like "Did it survive?"  "Is it okay?"  "What happened."  When the egg was finally reveled we saw that it had ...... CRACKED!!!  We were all like "NOOOOOOOO!"  When we got back into our room everyone went back to their class and Fantastic Friday was over.  I thought it was fantastic!

No comments: