Friday 13 November 2015

T4 W5

Bike Skills

"Year fives, line up outside we are going to bike skills."  Mr Wright exclaimed.  "Nooooo." I thought to myself, I don't really know how to ride a bike, but i'm not the only one, two of my friends aren't very good too.  Everyone lined up outside and we went down to the field.

When we got to the field everyone got into their teams (by the way, we have teams).  After we got into our teams, we had to put on our helmets (for safety).  Next we had to get our bikes and line up in our teams.  When it was my turn I was going at the same time as one of my friends and we were going really slow because we don't even know how to ride!

Later we got into a group of three people, and I was one of them.  We were the learners group.  What we were doing in the learners group was pushing and gliding, which means we would sit on the bike, then push off from the ground and try balance for as long as we can.  After a while a girl named Satalie said "Okay now I'm going to hold the back of your bike and you're going to pedal all the way to the pole." So I did what she told me, suddenly everyone started to ride through where I was going!  So we went half way.  When we got back to the start everyone wasn't going through where I was meant to go so Satalie took me to the pole.

When we had finished I felt quite tired and I also felt happy.  I found bike skills really fun and I can't wait until next week.

No comments: