Friday 20 November 2015

T4 W6

Bike Skills

On Wednesday room twenty-nine went to bike skills.  I wasn't really excited about it but I did enjoy it anyway, and I'll tell you why.

I came back from morning tea and lined up outside of class when Mrs Melville instructed "Year fives stay outside because we are going to bike skills."  I went inside anyway because I needed to put my jumper away.   So I put my jumper in my bag, lined up outside (again) and we went down to the field.

When we got to the field everyone chorused "Good morning Keri and Satalie."  (Keri and Satalie are our bike skills teachers.)  "Good morning room twenty-nine." Keri replied.  "Next week will be our last week here." Keri informed.  "Ohhhhhh." everyone moaned.  "Okay everyone get into your groups and we will get started."  So everyone got into their groups (I got into the learners group) and we got started.

The learners group got to use up half of the field even though there was only three if us.  Satailie told us that she was going to do the same as last week so I did some pushing and gliding while I waited for Satalie.  About three minutes later Satalie came over and held the side of the bike then I pedaled around half the field.  Suddenly Satalie let go of the bike, I was looking straight and still pedaling, then I realised I was doing this by myself.  I was riding a bike all by my self!  I was so proud of myself I was actually riding a bike!  When I finished riding I felt so happy.  So I really enjoyed bike skills and I can't wait until next week.

No comments: